Ye Eldritch Bitch Is Back....


Yes, my sweethearts--I pose as Lovecraft Scholar yet again, with an essay just publish'd in The Curse of Yig and Selected Ghastly Ghostwritings, just publish'd by PS Publishing www.pspublishing.co.uk in jolly ole England. This is a delightsome series edited & illustrated by Pete Von Sholly. Ye contents for this new volume:
Introduction, by S. T. Joshi;
The Curse of Yig, by H. P. Lovecraft (with Zealia Bishop);
Medusa's Coil, by H. P. Lovecraft (with Zealia Bishop);
The Horror in the Museum, by H. P. Lovecraft (with Hazel Heald);
Out of the Aeons, by H. P. Lovecraft (with Hazel Heald);
The Diary of Alonzo Typer, by H. P. Lovecraft (with William Lumley);
The Shadows out of Madness of the Horrors in the Texts, by Pete Von Sholly;
Smother'd by Night-Gaunts, by W. H. Pugmire;
Did Lovecraft Write Lovecraft Pastiches?, by Robert M. Price;
The book uses S. T. Joshi's definitive texts, and there are numerous fantastic full-colour illustrations by Pete. 
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
After a long spell of not writing fiction, I am trying to find my way into ye composition of two new tales. One is to be a traditional Cthulhu Mythos tale, and I want it to be securely in that tradition. The other is the kind of story I swore to myself I wou'd never write--one in which H. P. Lovecraft is portray'd as character. I have protested to ye editor that I do not write such stories, but he is insistent that I do so nigh. So I have to decide the time in HPL's life that I want to paint, and then invent some fantastic plot through which he staggers. I am not hopeful that anything good will come from my efforts.

I hope all be well with y'all.


Comments

  1. As I'm in Jolly olde England it would be greatly remiss of me not to pick this up...oh wait, I'm in secluded olde Scotland. Close enough though, I reckon. ;) Always happy to see a new Pugmire publication, be it prose, poetry, or the simple matter of fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps right at the end of his life, HPL carried in his dreams from his hospital bed like Randolph Carter by Night Gaunts then droppped into a graveyard beneath the twin peaks of Sesqua Valley - now there's a scene I would like to read! Hope thee Muse is kind in the Quest for the Door of Dream. Keep well. G. ;-)=

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts