Re: The Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen



Sometimes I miss ye exhibitionist thrill of recording videos on YouTube, where they changed their policy so that one can no longer record vids directly at ye site. I used YouTube in a number of ways, moftly to review books or plug my own writing. YouTube was like a filmed journal, and I sometimes go back and watch my old videos so as to remember aspects of my past. Because I have, since childhood, had a "thing" about makeup and dressing up, recording my own video blogs gave me a superb outlet for creating weird looks. I've mellow'd a lot with old age, & now I rarely take the trouble to do makeup (it can be a lot of work, and I'm lazy...). There was a time, decades ago, when I wouldn't leave the house unless I was completely made up in punk drag. Influenced by Quentin Crisp, I felt a need to "announce to the world" what I was, shew yem ye essence of my transvestite soul. Then I realized that "the world" couldn't care less.

Comments

  1. Wilum, although I see less of you these days, I always look forward to reading your words. I am so looking forward to your next Centipede Press outing and indeed whet ever other words you publish. Keep up thee spirit, harlequin. Best, G. ;-)=

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts