O MY GAWD!! O MY YUGGOTH!!


Life can be so delicious at times. Just last week I sent a wee email to Pete Von Sholly, to let him know how much I have enjoy'd rereading H. P. Lovecraft's excellent tales in Pete's LOVECRAFT ILLUSTRATED series from PS Publishing. My one regret, I wrote him, was that ye series hadn't included my favourite Lovecraft story, "The Haunter of the Dark." So, my dears, you can imagine my utter delight when I got this morning's announcement from PS Publishing:

                  Following the undreamed of success of the hitherto nine volumes in our
HPL PulpS Library, we've persuaded artist Pete Von Sholly
and Lovecraftian scholar S. T. Joshi to pleasure us yet again
with the definitive versions of three further epic yarns,--namely
THE MOUND, THE HAUNTER OF THE DARK and
THE THING ON THE DOORSTEP. No sooner did I persuade
Mr. Von Sholly than he promptly excused himself and set off
for his tools. Knowing Pete, I figured the first pieces would be
winging its way towards the sepulchral spires and lonely moat of
PS Towers. And sure enough, so it was--take a look-see. Hey, trust me--we're talking 
"stygian"here, ladies and gentlefolk. . .darker than a
cluster of very dark things. More soon.

Ye see, my ducks--prayers to ye Great Olde Ones work!! Ia!! Ia!!

Here is my favourite illustration from ye superb THE CALL OF CTHULHU volume--I think it's amazingly effective:

Comments

  1. Now this is exciting. I hope that the Haunter of the Dark will include Robert Bloch's Shambler from the Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would make sense to include the entire trilogy in one single volume--but I cannot say if that is ye editorial intent. But, gawd, I am REALLY looking forward to Pete's illustrations for the story! He can really capture some of Lovecraft's scenes with amazing ability, such as some few scenes he illustrated for "The Call of Cthulhu" that are simply wondrous.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts