Ye Antique Queen meets ye Green Fairy



I just recorded a wee vlog on YouTube about drinking an absinthe cocktail on my birthday, in memory of Oscar Wilde; but for some reason I'm not being allow'd to share ye video with ye here, so here's Ye Damned instead.  If eventually I am able to post ye video, I will.  I have posted it on me Facebook profile, & perhaps ye will be able to view it there.  Of course, an American absinthe cocktail ain't ye real thang, I know...

Price misquotes the last line of Wilde's poem -- it shou'd be "a frightened girl..."  Still, quite wonderful.

Comments

  1. thank you so much for sharing The Harlot's House - a poem that is included in the Nineties' Verse Anthology! Yay! Vincent Price's Raven is superb - also on Youtube. Mr Price's voice I have always loved. So rich.
    Here in Preston tomorrow sees the first Dark-Cide Festival - 10 hours of Gothic revelry and decadence from 4:30pm to 3am - I am so looking forward to that - and ye Greem Faerie might well be making an appearance at some point!!!
    Grinning through verdant haze,
    G.
    ;-)=

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts