New Reading by MorganScorpion

I have nigh completed & revis'd ye new Sesqua Valley novelette concerning Shub-Niggurath and ye Black Goat of ye Woods with a Thousand Young.  The piece is entitled "This Splendor of the Goat" and comes to 10,535 words.  I have certainly become lost in ye writing of this new book -- unexpectedly.  I love when that happens.  I had truly convinc'd myself that I was too tired to work on a new book, that I am having too many books publish'd in too wee a time, & it was time to retire from writing for two or three years.  I had to take care of my health.  I have had too many scares, last year, with this boring congestive heart failure and its tedious symptoms.  It was time I just totally relax'd & face the fact that I am an old man with a bad heart.  My wild days are over.

And then I just recently went to a hardcore punk rock show and spent three hours getting knock'd around in the mosh pit.  Pugmire, whut ye hell are you doing?  Actually, droppind dead in a mosh pit during an ecstatic time at a punk gig wou'd be a great way to go!  But I digress.

So, my Muse was reawakened, big-time, with the announcement of NecronomiCon Providence 2013, to take place next summer in Providence, Rhode Island.  And I knew, I became suddenly obsess'd with the idea, that I had to write a new book of really up-ye-arse Lovecraftian tales in celebration of this new convention.  I mean, this has been such a dream of mine, for years -- an H. P. Lovecraft convention held in Providence!  

The new book, Bohemians of Sesqua Valley, will consist mostly of Sesqua Valley novelettes, plus a couple of beginning and ending prose-poems.    The middle section of the book is a peace called "Unhallowed Places," and it is a new sequence of prose-poems and vignettes that will serve as the book's "poetic interlude."  Some of this new sequence is made up of wee things that have originally appear'd in the Lovecraft eZine; I have revis'd them & placed them into "Unhallowed Places," and then written new pieces set in Providence.

The Contents of the book, then, is, thus far:
"In Memoriam: Robert Nelson" (364 words)
"One Card Unturned" (co-written with Maryanne K. Snyder; 9,000)
"An Ecstasy of Fear" (11,585 words)
"Unhallowed Places" (7,845 words)
"This Splendor of the Goat" ( 10,535 words)

I will now concentrate on the final new novelette, whut I hope will be 15,000-20,000 words.  I want to base one of its characters on Aubrey Beardsley and thus pay homage to him.  Too, I want this final thing to concern only outsiders of the valley, its artistic human bohemians, and thus it will not feature ye shadow children or Simon Gregory Williams.  And then I want to conclude the book with a closing prose-poem in praise of Lovecraft's Providence.

The book will be publish'd next summer by Larry Robert's Arcane Wisdom Press, first as an illustrated limited edition hardcover, I think.  Gwabryel, the wondrous Swiss artist who illustrated my newest book from Hippocampus Press, Uncommon Places, has express'd interest in working on art for this newer book.  

One of the vignettes that has been incorporated into "Unhallowed Places" has been read, brilliantly, by MorganScorpion.  I adore her delicious voice.  Her reading of my sequel to H. P. Lovecraft's "The Hound" was one of the happiest experiences of my life.  Here is her reading.
  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts