SPAWN OF YE GREEN ABYSS


S. T. Joshi's planned reprint anthology of his favorite Mythos tales, Spawn of the Green Abyss, will now be published by Centipede Press, probably in the summer or fall of 2012.  Centipede Press will publish both a trade edition and a signed limited edition.  Actually, although most of ye stories are reprints, the anthology will include some new tales that will see their first publication in this book.  Ye Nameless Contents Be:
"Spawn of the Green Abyss," by C. Hall Thompson
"The Deep Ones," by James Wade
"The Franklyn Papers," by Ramsey Campbell
"Where Yidhra Walks," by Walter C. DeBll, Jr.
"Black Man with a Horn," by T. E. D. Klein
"Nethescurial," by Thomas Ligotti
"Black Brat of Dunwich," by Stanley C. Sargent
"The Phantom of Beguilement," by ye Queen of Eldritch Horror
"...Hungry...Rats," by Joseph S. Pulver, Sr. (original to this edition)
"Virgin's Island," by Donald Tyson (original to this edition)
"In the Shadow of Swords," by Cody Goodfellow (original to this edition)

And, next year will see S. T.'s anthology of all-new original Lovecraftian tales, Black Wings II.

It will be interesting to see if this new trend of Mythos anthologies, all of which seem to have the name "Cthulhu" somewhere in their titles, will continue.  Next month we have New Cthulhu: The Recent Weird from Prime Books, a reprint anthology with a very solid Contents.  I hope these books continue to come forth, especially the reprint volumes--then I can be in new books but still be lazy and not write new yarns.


Comments

  1. I first became aware of Spawn of the Green Abyss due to the "Black Brat of Dunwich" mention in the intro to Black Wings. I was confused about where the story was, and feared that maybe my copy was misprinted or some such, and eventually found your helpful comment at the end of the Black Wings review you left on Amazon. However, I became impatient and tracked down a Chaosium collection that had the story (I assume it was the Dunwich Cycle one, but memory fails and I'll be lazy here) and read it. And...

    I will never been able to trust the narrative of "The Dunwich Horror" again. I am now sure that Sargent's version of the events are the correct telling. Fun story, that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very promising, and inspiring. Soon I will have my name on that list of excellent authors, and my stories will be read as well.

    I have to agree with Doug as well. The story, although a little more twisted, tells well with Sargent's theory in mind. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for this webpage. It means a lot to me and it is the most beauiful..
    Manufacturer of Sandstone

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts