Me & S. T. Tuesday Night!!!

Yo, my sweet hearts. Jerad at Centipede Press sent me ye signature sheets for The Tangled Muse that are to be sign'd by me & S. T. Joshi, so S. T. is comin' over to my pad Tuesday night, May 18, 2010 -- he he has agreed to let me interview him live on my MrWilum tv channel over at YouTube! Yaahaw! One thing I especially want to ask about is the forthcoming hardcover annotated edition of The Case of Charles Dexter Ward that he has edited for Tampa Press & whut will be publish'd some time this year. Ward is my absolute favourite work of fiction by H. P. Lovecraft, so I am very excited about seeing that edition! I had dinner with S. T. last night and he has many projects going on, so I think two ten minutes vlogs will be needed to get all ye news out. S. T. is such a great chum, and he can be so amusing. For those who have never met him, these interviews will be revealing, I hope.

I have yet to receive my box of twenty copies of S. T.'s Black Wings--New Tales of Lovecraftian Horror, publish'd in March by P. S. Publishing. I asked to be paid in copies of the book rather than cheque, and then I promised a bunch of people copies of the book. Got an email from P. S. this morning asking if they could pay me in cheque instead -- so now I have to tell all my chums to whom I promis'd a copy of that fab book -- sorry! Happily, I bought a copy for myself at Abe's Books cos I got tired of waiting for it. Even S. T. has yet to see the book! So when he comes over Tuesday night I'll have him sign my copy, which will be the first actual copy he will have seen. I'm not too annoy'd about getting $$$ rather than gobs of copies -- because now I can use that money to buy the magnificent Centipede Press omnibus, Masters of the Weird Tale: William Hope Hodgson!!! Whoo-hoo!

I have almoft 6,000 words of the story that I am working on, the title story for my book The Strange Dark One and Others. I read the story's opening poem on YouTube last night, but I wasn't completely satisfy'd with it; so this morning my pal Tony (who is a brilliant poet) made a suggestion which has much improv'd ye poem. Here is ye complete thang:

I have looked through black trees to the dry and dead moon,
There in a darkened sky, a place of ultimate omission,
Which expands overhead like some cauldron of nightmare,
An abyss of evening.
Overhead, a yawning universe seethes,
As if to devour this world and we
Who creep insignificantly on it,
We who stumble and find no hold of sanity.
A chill madness seeps down from darkness;
It touches the hoary stones
Of this unholy house in the valley
Where chaos and lunacy dance,
Where they move in an atmosphere haunted
By the mockery there on His mask,
His facade of Imperial Midnight.
He offers His hand to our tongue.
(rough draft of a poem by William Davis Manly, left unfinished at the time of his disappearance)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Okay, darlings --I needs must begin to cook ye spaghetti & chicken for me & Ma's dinner. I kiss ye all to death.
--Willy Wanker, Esq.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts